Why another "ultimate" rpg? I needed a game that wasn't about killing, violence, and other dastardly things. I have enough drama in my life. I wanted happy escapism. This is that game. If I want to kill, I'll go play Dynasty Warriors or Samurai Warriors. :D You can't improve on those games!
UPDATE: Can't get image support in Python for Mac 10.04. Buying PC in 2 or 3 months. Hence, none of the code is really working. And, I'm confused with Python yet. Sorry! OLD DATA. New computer, and new game maker software. Not going online.
You are a student who was accepted into a school you didn't know existed - Jade University. Role-play a student in a unique world with both sci-fi and fantasy elements.
1) "Sims" type game thats based largely in a School.
2) Textbooks and Workbooks to read and complete. Lots of puzzles (as my coding abilities improve!)
3) Abilities include: Telepathy, Jaunting, Telekinesis, and Sworand spells. How good this will be directly correlates to my coding skills. ;)
4) Eventually, you'll have lots of things you may collect if you wish and many places to explore.
5) You will be allowed to buy and use 1 Trolley (a combination desk, shopping cart and dorm rooom/house depending on which model you buy.) The dorm room and abilities of the compartments uses my secret and unique box I called the "Jack-in-the-box" when I was a little kid (late 60's, early 70's). It can be made to have it's own secret world inside, and can be as large inside as you need it to be or want it to be.
Why Trolley? Trolley is a British shopping cart that was completely redesigned for the ultimate in Xavex Luxury. I decided to combine my dream shopping cart with my dream "Jack-in-the-Box". It has its own desk, closet, drawers, bookshelves, and a secret door leading to a secret home. You have to love the ability to expand a small space and make it into something huge. My inspiration for the have-it-all trolley came from the Snail who has his house on his back and my desire to have a cart that would carry my computer gear, books, etc. and give me a desk complete with green electricity.
6) This is not a shoot'em game. The Sworand work is practice only. No evil antity exists in this game, as most games have this and I wanted something different.
Xavex: This city will contain most anything you want to buy. For those of you who love to buy things, this is for you. If I learn how, then you will be able to change your outfits, rearrange your books, and organize your Trolley with things you buy from Xavex.
About the People:
1) The People with these abilities may live in either Secret Cities or amongst the people without these abilities.
2) The clothes they wear are largely inspired by the Victorian Era circa 1850 - 1904.
About the Game and Me:
1) The Trolley idea is copyrighted by me, and is NOT inspired by anybody else's works. No one in my time (that I had access too) had anything quite like my box. My box predates HP's school by quite a few years, as I came up with it in the late 60's and early 70's.
2) The inspiration for the game is actually NOT HP or TP, but instead a dream world I've been daydreaming about since 1968. TP stands for The Tomorrow People, a children's Sci-fi show from the 70's. My dream world just happens to be uncanningly similiar in some respects to the TP and HP worlds.
3) Making both a Ren'Py and a PyGame version due to Python being used in both game engines. Whichever gets finished first depends on where I can get the help first for which item I'm stuck on.
4) Expect this project to be in development for a full year yet. Completion date set for end of 2011 for the coding, but images might take longer. ;)
5) I do have a little of the game images done, and do plan on making the images whenever I'm stuck on code. And yes, I will be doing ScriptFrenzy and NanoWrimo, but those shouldn't interfere too much with this project as I'm very quick at writing dribble. ;) I'm seriously NOT motivated to do ScriptFrenzy this year.
6) This project will not be abandoned as I'm figuring things out and will always have the time. Boredom with a project isn't one of my traits.
I intend to compile this or at least release the Source Code to be playable on...
Mac 10.04 OS X
...and hopefully compilable by anyone on whichever system they need to compile it on as I prefer to not discriminate by OS, where I can figure out how to accomodate, as I understand that not everyone can afford to buy into the "lastest craze".
Due to Safari and Chrome using breaking tabs differently, I have to add extra breaking tabs on the left side of page, to get the right side of the page to not run "off" the page. :P This is also why the JS version of the game may not use book background images.
Project Part 1: Working on this now!
1) Inventory Code
2) Shopping Code and Movement of bought items to Inventory
3) Rearranging of Inventory according to Players wishes.
Project Part 2:
5) Images for the clues.
6) Images for the Inventory/Stores.
7) Images for the Trolley's Dorm.
8) Images for the Trolley's unique features.
9) Images needed to play the game from start to Buying in Xavex, and rearranging your Trolley.
Project Part 3:
10) Collision control. (Especially in the town of Xavex.
11) Ironing out any bugs in game so game is completely playable from start to exploring Xavex, buying, and rearranging the Trolley while still in the town of Xavex.
Project Part 4:
12) Mini-games associated with the Hebrew Textbook and Workbook.
13) Interactive Code for the Textbooks and Workbooks to allow player to role-play more seamlessly. This will include creating as much of the 66 books as I can, and will use the Hebrew mini-game codes where appropriate.
14) Teleclasses Textbooks and Workbooks (These are the how-to books, and will contain ethics, and other material, as well as mini-games that are unique to the skills required to learn Teleclasses.)
Teleclasses include Telepathy, Jaunting, Telekinesis, and Levitation. The levitation used here is a natural gift that allows the player to fly through the air with ease or to simply sit on top air. It is related to walking, running, and jumping and not any 'alternative religions'. Some believe this gift was inborn in us at birth by God who made Heaven and Earth.
Project Part 5: Sworand Games
15) Practice Skills Coding: Teleclasses
16) Fix issues with Jaunting distance not being correct. (If my original notes on this is found, then I might not have this issue.)
17) Create Spells Coding and Practice Scenarios.
a) Defensive skills
b) General Majics
Anything that can be done using a Sworand (which is extensive, so this will take the longest perhaps.)
18) Fix issues with Spells practice being too much like "DS crap"??? (Not sure on this, as I've not gotten to this point yet. I just assume I'm going to hate whatever I code here! I come from a "I love Dynasty Warriors" background.)
Project Part 6: Herbs and Plantology Games
Note: This is needed for the Alchemy Games as you will have to collect Lab ingredients!
19) Gardening Lab
20) Fix any correlation issues between Herbs and Plantology Lab and Textbook/Workbook.
Project Part 7: Alchemy Games
21) Lab work and Experiments Games
22) Fix coding errors in Alchemy Textbooks and Workbooks as needed so they correlate with actual Lab Game code.
23) Fix any movement errors and playability issues found. My aim is to NOT make this a stupid DS type game! This means that Students WILL be allowed to "not be perfect" and still move on with the game!
Project Part 8: Animagery
24) Skills practice (if practical. Not sure how I'd do this yet.)
Project Part 9: Phy Ed
25) Exercise Games: Obstacle Course (Advanced Player movements coding?)
Project Part 10: Odds and Ends
26) Adding any new mini-game skill or lab sets that were missed before.
27) Empathy & Culturus Projects: Goal is to STOP the IDIOTIC discrimination that I keep seeing people run into in MOST parts of Society, including the Church, Government, Schools, and so on.
a) Dealing with Different (Hearing Impaired, Sight Impaired, Other abilities, Developmental Delay Disorder, Mental Illness and so on.)
b) Food Allergies & Intolerances
28) Debugging Issues